The apps will not be available on Android, iOS going forward. List of 43 Chinese apps banned in India: AliExpres, MangoTV and more.
List of 43 Chinese apps banned: Once again, the Indian government has announced a ban on another set of Chinese apps. The 43 Chinese apps have been banned under section 69A of the Information Technology Act. The action has been taken based on inputs regarding these apps for engaging in activities prejudicial to India’s sovereignty, integrity, defence, security and public order.
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has issued the order for blocking the access of these apps by users in India based on the comprehensive reports received from Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Center, Ministry of Home Affairs.
Earlier on 29th June 2020, the Government of India had blocked access to 59 mobile apps and on 2nd September 2020 118 more apps were banned under section 69A of the Information Technology Act. Government is committed to protecting the interests of citizens and sovereignty and integrity of India on all fronts and it shall take all possible steps to ensure that.
Here’s the list of 43 Chinese apps that have been banned in India now:
- AliSuppliers Mobile App
- Alibaba Workbench
- AliExpress – Smarter Shopping, Better Living
- Alipay Cashier
- Lalamove India – Delivery App
- Drive with Lalamove India
- Snack Video
- CamCard – Business Card Reader
- CamCard – BCR (Western)
- Soul- Follow the soul to find you
- Chinese Social – Free Online Dating Video App & Chat
- Date in Asia – Dating & Chat For Asian Singles
- We Date-Dating App
- Free dating app- Singol, start your date!
- Adore App
- TrulyChinese – Chinese Dating App
- TrulyAsian – Asian Dating App
- ChinaLove: dating app for Chinese singles
- DateMyAge: Chat, Meet, Date Mature Singles Online
- AsianDate: find Asian singles
- FlirtWish: chat with singles
- Guys Only Dating: Gay Chat
- Tubit: Live Streams
- We Work China
- First Love Live- super hot live beauties live online
- Rela – Lesbian Social Network
- Cashier Wallet
- MGTV- HunanTV official TV APP
- WeTV – TV version
- WeTV – Cdrama, Kdrama&More
- WeTV Lite
- Lucky Live- Live Video Streaming App
- Taobao Live
- Identity V
- Isoland 2: Ashes of Time
- BoxStar (Early Access)
- Heroes Evolved
- Happy Fish
- Jellipop Match- Decorate your dream island
- Mu nchkin Match: magic home building
- Conquista Online II
The government on Tuesday imposed a fresh ban on as many as 43 mobile apps that have a linkage with China. These apps include AliExpress, CamCard, and Taobao Live, among others. The latest ban comes nearly three months after the government banned popular battle royale game PUBG Mobile, alongside 117 other apps and games that had a link with China. Initially, the government banned 59 Chinese apps that included some of the renowned ones, including TikTok, Shareit, UC Browser, and WeChat.
As per a statement released by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, the government has imposed the ban under the provisions of Section 69A of the Information Technology Action.
“This action was taken based on the inputs regarding these apps for engaging in activities which are prejudicial to sovereignty and integrity of India, defence of India, security of state and public order,” the statement said.