Coronavirus News LIVE Updates: Moscow: As the world reels under the rising COVID-19 cases, Russia’s Sechenov University has successfully completed the world’s first clinical trials of coronavirus vaccine on humans, media reports said on Sunday (July 12, 2020).
- The director of the Institute for Translational Medicine and Biotechnology Vadim Tarasov confirmed the development to Sputnik news.
- “Sechenov University has successfully completed tests on volunteers of the world`s first vaccine against coronavirus,” Tarasov said.
“The data obtained by the Gamalei National Research Center for Epidemiology and Microbiology, proves that volunteers of the first and second groups are forming an immune response after injections of the vaccine against the coronavirus,” an earlier statement of the Russian Defense Ministry said.
- The director of the Institute of Medical Parasitology, Tropical and Vector-Borne Diseases at Sechenov University Alexander Lukashev said the safety of this vaccine, in correspondance with the safety of other medicines available in the market, is confirmed.
- With this Russia has become the first nation to complete human clinical trials of COVID-19 vaccine and the results prove the medication`s effectiveness.
- Coronavirus India LIVE Updates: Total confirmed cases in India have risen to 8.78 lakh. India’s COVID-19 recovery rate stands at 63 percent.
Today is the 111th day since India implemented a nationwide lockdown, to curb the novel coronavirus pandemic. India has so far recorded 8,78,254 cases, which includes 23,174 deaths. Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Delhi and Gujarat have reported the highest number of cases. However, the recovery rate is rising and now stands at 63 percent.Globally, there have been over 1.29 crore confirmed cases of COVID-19. More than 5.68 lakh people have died so far.
This is : Gujarat Corona Case Official Portal
This is Today info: Full Information
Karnataka Bengaluru Coronavirus News Live Updates: Karnataka Home Minister Basavaraj Bommai Sunday ordered the State police force to encourage receiving complaints online and to deploy only essential personnel at police stations across the state, in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.
Further, he directed top officers to ensure that adequate personal protective gear is distributed to all police personnel deployed for duties at hospitals and burial grounds.
Meanwhile, Karnataka has been reporting a high number of deaths in the last three days. As many as 198 of Karnataka’s total 684 deaths, or about 30 per cent, have been reported since Friday (July 10). On Sunday, the state reported 71 deaths. Only Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu have been reporting a comparable number of deaths every day.