Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) Mission launched on 25th June 2015 which intends to provide housing for all in urban areas by year 2022.
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) scheme was launched by the Government of India to boost the affordability of houses against an inflated real estate .
About Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY)
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) scheme was launched by the Government of India to boost the affordability of houses against an inflated real estate sector. The scheme aims to achieve its objective of “Housing for All” by 31 March 2022, the 150th birth anniversary year of Mahatma Gandhi, by constructing 20 million houses across the nation.
Based on the areas that it caters to, this Yojana has two parts – Urban and Gramin.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) Mission launched on 25th June 2015 which intends to supply housing for beat urban areas by year 2022. The Mission provides Central Assistance to the implementing agencies through States/Union Territories (UTs) and Central Nodal Agencies (CNAs) for providing houses to all or any eligible families/ beneficiaries against the validated demand for houses for about 1.12 cr. As per PMAY(U) guidelines, the dimensions of a house for Economically Weaker Section (EWS) might be upto 30 sq. mt. carpet area, however States/UTs have the pliability to reinforce the dimensions of homes in consultation and approval of the Ministry.
In continuation to the present Government’s efforts towards empowerment of girls from EWS and LIG unlike earlier schemes, PMAY (U) has made a compulsory provision for the feminine head of the family to be the owner or co-owner of the house under this Mission. Verticals of PMAY (Urban) A basket of options is adopted to make sure inclusion of a greater number of individuals counting on their income, finance and availability of land through following four options.
Features & Benefits:
“Housing for All” Mission for populated area has been implemented with effect from 17.06.2015 to supply central assistance to implementing agencies. The Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme is being offered under this mission.
For Middle Income Group(MIG), the interest subsidy are going to be provided on housing loans for acquisition/construction of homes (including repurchase).
For Economically Weaker Section(EWS)/Lower Income Group(LIG), the interest subsidy are going to be provided on housing loans for acquisition, construction of house. The Credit Linked subsidy would even be available for home equity credit availed for brand spanking new construction and addition of rooms, kitchen, toilet etc. to existing dwellings as incremental housing.
The interest subsidy benefit are going to be upfront on the principal outstanding.
The availability and amount of interest subsidy is subject to meeting income criteria as per various categories under the scheme.
A beneficiary family will comprise of husband, wife, unmarried sons and/or unmarried daughters.
An adult earning member (irrespective of marital status) can be treated as a separate household
Applicant/s will be eligible under this mission when all below conditions are met:
- The beneficiary family should not own a pucca house (an all-weather dwelling unit) either in his/her name or in the name of any member of his/her family in any part of India.
- The beneficiary family should not have availed of central assistance under any housing scheme from Government of India/State government.
- The beneficiary family should not have availed any PMAY – CLSS subsidy from any of the Primary Lending Institutions (‘PLI’).
- All Statutory Towns as per Census 2011 and towns notified subsequently would be eligible for coverage under the Mission.
- The construction/extension for which the loan is availed must be completed within 36 months from the date of the disbursement of the 1st instalment of the loan amount.
- Additional Criteria for LIG/EWS category only: The houses constructed/acquired with central assistance under the Mission should be in the name of the female head of the household or in the joint name of the male head of the household and his wife, and only in cases when there is no adult female member in the family, the house can be in the name of male member of the household.
Documents Required for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana:
Proof of identity:
- PAN card
- Voter ID card
- aar card
- Driving license
- Photo credit card
- Photo identity card issued by the Government
- A letter issued by a recognized public authority that confirms the identity of the customer with a photograph
Proof of address:
- A letter issued by recognized public authority confirming the identity and residence of the applicant
- Rent agreement
- Life insurance policy
- Residence address certificate
- Voter ID card
- Aadhaar card
- Proof of income:
- Last six months bank statement
- ITR receipts
- Salary slips for the previous two months
- Proof of purchase of the property (if applicable):
- Sale deed
- Sale/purchase agreement
Property registration certificate (if available)Copy of receipt of payment made to the developer (if applicable)One must make sure that he/she is eligible for the subsidy before application. Also, the applicant should check whether his/her name is present on the beneficiary’s list as well to receive the subsidy benefit.
Following the steps mentioned below should help individuals avail subsidies on their home loans under the housing scheme.
The Method listed below Step by Step is the online Process.
Step 1: Visit the official government website belonging to PMAY.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Citizen Assessment’ option under the ‘Menu’ tab.
Step 3: An applicant must enter his/her Aadhaar number.
Step 4: With the successful submission of the Aadhaar number, he/she will be redirected to the application page.
Step 5: The applicant must proceed to enter all relevant details on this page, including income details, personal details, bank account details and other necessary information.
Step 6: Applicants should recheck all information before submission.
Step 7: Once a person clicks on the ‘save’ option, he/she will find a unique application number.
Step 8: Applicants should, next, download the filled-in application form.
Step 9: Finally, the person can deposit the form at his/her nearest CSC office or a financial institution offering PMAY. He/she must also submit all necessary documents along with the form.
Alternatively, individuals can opt for the offline application procedure and approach an authorised bank branch to apply for the scheme if they find the online process inconvenient.
Who is eligible for Pradhan Manti Awas Yojana?
The following individuals and families are eligible for this scheme:
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS) – Families with an annual income up to Rs. 3 Lakh.
- Low Income Group (LIG) – Families with an annual income between Rs. 3 Lakh and Rs. 6 Lakh.
- Middle Income Group I (MIG I) – Families within an annual income between Rs. 6 Lakh and Rs. 12 Lakh.
- Middle Income Group II (MIG II) – Families with an annual income between Rs. 6 Lakh and Rs. 12 Lakh.
- Women belonging to EWS and LIG categories.
- Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), and Other Backward Class (OBC).
- In addition to the above, beneficiaries can avail the benefits of this scheme by meeting the following few eligibility criteria –
- He/she must not own a house to fulfil the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana eligibility.
How to Apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Benefits :
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Check Your status: Click Here
Home Loan – Features and Benefits:
The Bajaj Finserv home equity credit may be a one-stop solution for all of your housing loan needs. Whether you’re looking to shop for or build your first home or just want to renovate your current home, this feature-rich home equity credit is the right partner.
With interest rates starting as low as 8.10%* Bajaj Finserv offers home loans of up to Rs. 3.5 crore alongside value-added features, making it a very superior offering. you’ll choose a versatile tenor of up to 30 years, refinance your existing home equity credit easily with the Balance Transfer facility, and also avail a high-value top-up loan of up to Rs. 50 lakh to secure finance for other needs.
- To meet all of your home finance needs efficiently, apply for this home equity credit today.
- Here’s a glance at different features and benefits of Bajaj Finserv home loan:
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY):
Home Loans get more affordable than ever, with assistance from the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) for first-time homeowners. Reduce your Home Loan EMIs with PMAY, by getting a Home Loan at an interest rate of just 6.93%*, and save up to Rs. 2.67 lakh on interest*. Get a Home Loan under PMAY even if your parents own a home, and thus have the chance to become a homeowner yourself.
Easy Balance Transfer Facility
- Refinance your existing home loan with Bajaj Finserv, with minimal documentation and faster processing. Apply for home loan transfer, and get a top-up loan at a nominal interest rate.
- Finance your other requirements with a high-value top-up loan over and above your existing housing loan. Get a top-up loan up to Rs. 50 lakh without any extra documentation, at a nominal rate of interest.
- A customised report to guide you through all the legal and financial aspects of being a property owner.
Part-prepayment and Foreclosure Facility
- No charges on part-prepayment or foreclosure to make the loan affordable
- Flexible tenors ranging up to 240 months, to fit your repayment capacity.
- Easy Home Loan eligibility criteria and minimal documentation, to help you get your loan faster
Online Account Management
- Online management of your Bajaj Finserv Home Loan using our digital customer portal, for your convenience
Customised Insurance Schemes
- Customised insurance schemes to protect your family from the burden of repaying the housing loan in case of unforeseen events
When you choose to borrow via the Bajaj Finserv Home Loan, you not only get access to all the above-mentioned features but also benefit from industry-leading home loan interest rates. Additionally, provisions such as nil part-prepayment or foreclosure fees, interest subsidy for PMAY beneficiaries, and a fully-customised property dossier make this home loan one of the best in the country.
To easily calculate your eligibility for this feature-rich housing loan, use the Home Loan Eligibility Calculator and follow it up with the Home Loan EMI Calculator to know your EMIs. Thereafter, simply fill a short online form to apply.