Sky Map is a hand-held planetarium for your Android device. Sky Map convert your Android device into a window on the night sky, Use it to identify stars, planets, nebulae and more. Originally developed as Google Sky Map, it has now been donated and open sourced.
Make sure you haven’t switched into manual mode. Does your phone have a compass? If not, Sky Map cannot tell your orientation. Look it up here:
Try calibrating your compass by moving it in a figure of 8 motion or as described here:
Are there any magnets or metal nearby that might interfere with the compass?
Try switching off “magnetic correction” (in settings) and see if that is more accurate.
અહીંથી જુઓ તમામ તસ્વીરો અને વાંચો રિપોર્ટ
The Map is jittery Sky Map convert your Android device into a window on the night sky
Try adjusting the sensor speed and damping (in settings). We have a better solution coming soon!
Do I need an internet connection?
No, but some functions (like entering your location manually) won’t work without one. You’ll have to use the GPS or enter a latitude and longitude instead.
Why is auto location not supported for my phone?
In Android 6 the way permissions work has changed. You need to enable the location permission setting for Sky Map as described here: .
important to avoid the negative effects of eclipses.
Can I help test the latest features?
Sure! Join our beta testing program and get the latest version.
- Simple: Point your device at the sky to identify galaxies, stars, constellations, planets, and satellites (including the ISS and Hubble) passing overhead at your location.
- Night Mode: Preserve your night vision with red or green night mode filters.
- Augmented Reality (AR): Use your camera to spot objects in the sky, day or night.
- Sky Paths: Follow the sky track for any object to see it’s exact location in the sky on any date and time.
- Time Travel: Jump to the future or the past and see the sky on different dates and times.
- Social: Capture and share beautiful images with friends and family on social networks.
- Mobile: Wi-Fi is NOT required (does not require a data signal or GPS to function). Take it camping, boating, or even flying!