Government of India has introduced a pension scheme for unorganised workers namely Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-dhan (PM-SYM) to ensure old age protection for Unorganised Workers.
The unorganised workers mostly engaged as home based workers, street vendors, mid-day meal workers, head loaders, brick kiln workers, cobblers, rag pickers, domestic workers, washer men, rickshaw pullers, landless labourers, own account workers, agricultural workers, construction workers, beedi workers, handloom workers, leather workers, audio- visual workers and similar other occupations whose monthly income is Rs 15,000/ per month or less and belong to the entry age group of 18-40 years. They should not be covered under New Pension Scheme (NPS), Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) scheme or Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO). Further, he/she should not be an income tax payer.
Eligibility Criteria :
- Should be an unorganised worker (UW)
- To view the list of professions covered : click here
- Entry age between 18 and 40 years
- Monthly Income Rs 15000 or below
Should not be :
- engaged in Organized Sector (membership of EPF/NPS/ESIC)
- an income tax payer
Requirements for Enrolment
- A Mobile Phone.
- Savings Bank/Jan Dhan Account.
- Aadhaar Number.
ગુજરાતી માં વાંચવા અહીં ક્લિક કરો
- It is a voluntary and contributory pension scheme, under which the subscriber would receive a minimum assured pension of Rs 3000/- per month after attaining the age of 60 years and if the subscriber dies, the spouse of the beneficiary shall be entitled to receive 50% of the pension as family pension. Family pension is applicable only to spouse.
- Contribution by the UW Subscriber : Through ‘auto-debit’ facility from his/ her savings bank account/ Jan- Dhan account from the date of joining PM-SYM till the age of 60 years as per the chart below. The Central Government will also give equal matching contribution in his pension account.
- Matching contribution by the Central Government: PM-SYM is a voluntary and contributory pension scheme on a 50:50 basis where prescribed age-specific contribution shall be made by the beneficiary and the matching contribution by the Central Government as per the chart. For example, if a person enters the scheme at an age of 29 years, he is required to contribute Rs 100/ – per month till the age of 60 years an equal amount of Rs 100/- will be contributed by the Central Government.
- Enrolment Process under PM-SYM: The subscriber will be required to have a mobile phone, savings bank account and Aadhaar number. The eligible subscriber may visit the nearest Common Services Centres (CSC eGovernance Services India Limited (CSC SPV)) and get enrolled for PM-SYM using Aadhaar number and savings bank account/ Jan-Dhan account number on self-certification basis. Later, facility will be provided where the subscriber can also visit the PM-SYM web portal or can download the mobile app and self-register using Aadhar number/ savings bank account/ Jan-Dhan account number on self-certification basis.
- Enrollment agencies: The enrolment will be carried out by all the Common Services Centres. The unorganised workers may visit their nearest CSC along with their Aadhar Card and Savings Bank account passbook/Jandhan account and get registered themselves for the Scheme. Contribution amount for the first month shall be paid in cash for which they will be provided with a receipt.
- Facilitation Centres: All the branch offices of LIC, the offices of ESIC/EPFO and all Labour offices of Central and State Governments will facilitate the unorganised workers about the Scheme, its benefits and the procedure to be followed, at their respective centers. In this respect, the arrangements to be made by all offices of LIC, ESIC, EPFO all Labour offices of Central and State Governments are given below, for ease of reference:
- All LIC, EPFO/ESIC and all Labour offices of Central and State Governments may set up a “Facilitation Desk” to facilitate the unorganised workers, guide about the features of the Scheme and direct them to nearest CSC
- Each desk may consist of at least one staff.
- They will have backdrop, standi at the main gate and sufficient number of brochures printed in Hindi and regional languages to be provided to the unorganised workers.
- Unorganised workers will visit these centres with Aadhaar Card, Savings bank account/Jandhan account and mobile phone.
- Help desk will have onsite suitable sitting and other necessary facilities for these workers.
- Any other measures intended to facilitate the unorganised workers about the Scheme, in their respective centers.
Fund Management: PM-SYM will be a Central Sector Scheme administered by the Ministry of Labour and Employment and implemented through Life Insurance Corporation of India and CSC eGovernance Services India Limited (CSC SPV). LIC will be the Pension Fund Manager and responsible for Pension pay out. The amount collected under PM-SYM pension scheme shall be invested as per the investment pattern specified by Government of India.
How To Find CSC center In your city
- VLE will register the beneficiary electronically on the system.
- A beneficiary has to pay 1st instalment in cash to CSC.
- Now Shram Yogi Pension Number will be generated.
- VLE will print & handover the Shram Yogi card to the beneficiary.
Click Here to Check CSC LOCATION Here
Thanks for visit this Pradhan mantri Shram Yogi Man Dhan Yojana Pension Post, Stay connected with us for more Posts.